Sunday, June 2, 2013

Missing for Too Long 2

I was trying to finalize a few ideas to briefly mention a nod to the "Pop-Culture" part of this blog, a sort of 'I know I've been gone but does anybody really care?' post, maybe briefly mention having seen (and sneaked a  canteen of g&t into the theater) Star Trek 14, or whatever edition they're on, when a commercial caught my attention. (I'm huddled over my lappy with ST:TNG on in the background (I'm johnny-come-lately to the whole phenomena).)

The commercial was for Cheerios. A little girl maybe five years old asks her mom if Cheerios are good for your heart. The little girl is a cutie with a chocolate milk complexion and nearly blonde frizzy hair and the mom is an alabaster toned hipster with dark hair and dark rimmed glasses. She blandly reads the box to the little one.

The next scene is the dad, presumably, asleep on the couch, waking up to see his chest is fully covered in Cheerios, his daughter having poured the box's contents onto him. The dad is black.

Their house show's they're fully upper-middle class, which is refreshing, but how awesome is it that it's so casual to have an interracial couple in any commercial? It used to be illegal to marry someone of a different race.

Progress in the Pop-Culture Wasteland...

No comments:

Post a Comment