Friday, October 12, 2012

Some Well Executed Tattoos

In my random journeys around the Internet, I've come across some weird things. One was originally subtitled "The Gallery of Regrets", it was known as Ugliest Tattoos.

In the early times, they'd showcase poorly executed or poorly designed tattoos, maybe with misspellings, maybe with zombie-my-little-ponies, and each one made you embarrassed to look at it.

Now they focus on a wider range of tattoos, some that are done well, some that are godawful, but they don't have the really explicit stuff like they used to have. It always shocked me how many people have tattoos of flying penises. Seriously.

So here I've collected some that mean something to me and are well executed.

The first is a pretty well done Cornholio, Beavis' alter ego that emerges after too much caffeine or sugar:


Next we have a pretty well executed Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, the band from the Muppets. I always liked the name:


This look of Popeye--as a realistic person and grizzled sailor--always caught my attention. I have no tattoos, but this work has been done masterfully, and is from an artist that I would want for myself, had I an upcoming ink-work plans.


Gonzo Gonzo and Animal as Oscar Acosta. Awesome.


How could I pass up a brilliantly executed portrait of Tesla, history's baddest-ass maddest-ass scientist?


(Thanks to Ugliest Tattoos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment