Friday, June 15, 2012

Must be the Southland...

Last night, pissing me off something fierce, I had an annoying sound effect keeping me company for a sold hour, maybe more:


That's not a UFO folks, it's goddamned helicopter.

Now, I understand that we don't live in Brentwood, or Bel Aire, but we also don't live in the middle of the fucking ghetto, and this recent spike in the amount of helicopter attention later at night is more annoying to me than troubling.

I know you wouldn't fly a damn chopper over the wealthy enclaves, that's for sure...unless, like, the leader of al Quaida was running through Beverly Hills for some reason.

Have you ever seen a helicopter as close as that picture above has it? That makes it look far, but those things are LOUD. Even at that distance, when the circling is above your house you can almost feel the wind being hacked by the blades...when it's far off like in the picture, it still stops your ability to hear a conversation or a television.

I Bed-Stuy once a helicopter was much, much closer, so close it rattled our entire building. That time it had everyone out in the street yelling at it in a futile show of anger.

I've included the next picture because 1) you can kinda make out the helicopter as kind of a Morse Code symbol in the upper left quadrant; and 2) I thought it looked cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment