Monday, April 30, 2012

Notes from Chef Gonzo's Brother


"
Not sure if you saw the picture of the driveway… after about 25 years of having dirt on the driveway I am in the process (which the rain is not helping) of cementing it over.  So I have had to do a lot of digging and pickaxing and… well… shit ass labor that my already screwed up back was not fond of.  Well… after a nice farmer sunburn (yay, arms and neck are still pink!) I made a really interesting discovery.  The back panel of an action figure’s torso.  I would like to say this: No matter how much of Kentucky’s finest I have swallowed in the past my deductive skills are still as sharp as Billy Zane in a Purple unitard.  That’s right.  I’m as good as The Phantom!

And so I bring you a picture of the action figure I found, in the dirt, broken, faded and almost lost forever.  Like the show it was from.



Have fun on the long winding trip down memory lane.  I picked up a hitchhiker… he made me want to watch the Battle For Endor and The Caravan of Courage in a double feature…  I killed him by making him choke on an old ET windup toy that had a red belly.

Then I washed the toy.
"

That was from my brother, and the discussion of the driveway and us losing our toys in the dirt has been a topic before, especially with our erstwhile next door neighbor. I myself, had a similarly themed post back in 2009, and here's a similarly reminiscent passage that mirrors his hitchhiker talk below the picture:

"
After clicking on the link for a picture of the toy, I remembered. It all fell into place. A memory of waiting for a double pie at Little Caesar's Pizza with my Captain Power action figure claiming a back counter, rappelling down an invisible rope, and then blasting the (unseen) badguys came rushing up to the front of my neo-cortex, and my Sunday afternoon with no television to watch the Yankees clinch, the Giants rout the Bucs, or the Jets womp the Titans, was totally complete with a stroll down memory lane.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment